Day One - A picture of yourself with 15 facts.
1. I love to ski. I raced for the Mt. Spokane racing team (SSRA) for years and it practically became my life at one point. I had never worked so hard for something in my life. I learned personal responsibility and sportsmanship, and gained amazing, life long friends through this. Although it came to an end, I still race for University of Idaho at a much more relaxed state, but overall, it taught me how to be an amazing skier. The faster I go, the faster I am.
2. My family is my everything. Yes, this includes the dogs (Daisy, Jackson) and sometimes the cat (Leo), when he decides to be nice. I put my parents through a lot in high school, as well as putting myself through a lot. I don't regret any of it though, except for the emotional damage I caused my mom at times. But honestly, my mom and I are so close now that I can't even start to think of acting the way I did. No matter what though, my mom and dad never gave up on me. They pushed me to be the best person I can be. My Grandma Nancy shaped me to be the person I am today. My sisters have been the best sisters a girl could ever ask for. I talk to them everyday and if not over the phone, then its texting, Facebook or Twitter. Not very many can say that. I'm growing up, and I feel more lost than ever these days. It's those times when I call Melissa or Allison for "big girl advice," and they never fail me. I text them after my finals, and I post what grades I get on their Facebook walls. I still hold their hands in church and even though we are all so different and we tend to get on each others nerves, I could not live without them. I love you sissys.
3. I am a writer. I attend University of Idaho and I am currently studying Journalism. I added Environmental Science to my major (blame the dad), but only to specialize in something that I can write passionately about.
4. My boyfriend. Chris and I are stubborn, and we get cranky with each other a lot. I wouldn't take back one second with him. He's my best friend and my partner. My equal. He beats me at everything too. Sometimes I'm a sore loser, but I like that he doesn't let me win, and he creates challenges for me. He keeps me strong, but when I need to be weak, he accepts me too. A lot of walls have crumbled down around me thanks to him, and I now know so much more about myself. Going on a year strong.
5. I like food. Thats an understatement. Want to win my heart? Candy! Want to mend my broken heart? Graham crackers and frosting, red gatorade, cookie dough and skittles. I'm not the girl you take out to dinner that orders a "light-salad." I'll eat my plate and your leftovers too.
6. Grandma Nancy. My guardian angel. Grandma Nancy was the light of my life and the best person in the world. Due to cancer, she passed away my freshman year at UI. She was the most generous person you would have ever met and always had a plethora of dirty jokes for the dinner table. Such humor and such love, it was contagious to anyone who came near her, even if you have no idea who she was. A wild child at heart, but so gifted musically (even though we cringed when she brought the accordion out), and so unbelievably amazing with people. I am blessed to have a woman like that in my life to look up to.
7. My favorite animal is a zebra. I was a baby zebra for Halloween of 2009. Best decision of my life.
8. My favorite color is green.
9. I'm a social networking freak. I have this thing called a Tweetdeck. It streams all my Facebook updates and Twitter updates to one place. You'll find me sitting at my desk playing with that and my phone all at the same time, while procrastinating homework. If only Mama knew...
10. I'm in a sorority. I am a member of the Zeta Chi chapter of Kappa Delta. If you talked to me last year I would tell you to never join a sorority, even though I was in one. It was so overwhelming. I felt branded and kind of like a puppet. But ever since I took the standards, restrictions and stereotype off of myself, I've learned to love this house. These girls have helped me through so much. I come home at 2 or 3 in the morning sometimes, bawling my eyes out, and instantly I have 3-4 girls surrounding me lending me their hands to pick me up and their shoulders to cry on. Just recently, one of our sisters, and my roommate, Michelle Bonasera died in a tragic car accident. It was amazing to see how strong we all became to help EACH OTHER through it.
11. My favorite band is The Beatles. ...and always will be. :)
12. I'm not a coffee drinker. I mean, sometimes its nice on the days where I have to be up early and I want to punch something. But most days, I like tea. I'm a talker, obviously. If I drink coffee, I'll be buzzin' all day long, and talking to anyone who will listen. It's not fun for that person.
13. I love to tell stories. Just like my grandmother, I've got some story telling skills. My sisters used to have to put time limits on my stories, because I could go on and exaggerate for a long time. Plus, ridiculous things happen to me all the time.
14. I need space. I love people, but I am a huge space person. If I don't get "Krissy time" at least once a day, I will go insane. It is NOT pretty.
15. ...(phew last one!) My family has a baller lake cabin. Our cabin is in Glacier National Park on Lake McDonald. I have a lot of memories here with my grandma and our family and friends. It truly is my happiest place on this Earth.